Sunday, February 10, 2013

Thoughts from Jess

This is my first time posting on Sherrie's blog. I don't know how to articulate how much I love her with one post. I am the most recent member in the Labrum clan (excluding new grandbabies), knowing Sherrie only 4 short years. It wasn't enough time with her, but the time we had was so fun. Sherrie's accident happened only 3 days after our son, Hudson, was born—talk about an emotional roller coaster. Watching Mom with all the other grandchildren makes me sad for what Hudson will miss. She is the worlds best grandma and everyone that knows her would agree. She loves her grandchildren more than anything and I am so happy she was able to meet our sweet Hudson. It was apparent, even with her injuries, that she knew who he was and how special he is to her. When we would walk in the room she would reach for him and motion to have us set him in her lap. I know some of the last emails she sent out were about how proud she was to have another grandson. I feel so blessed for the time I had with her and the influence she has on me still. She has made me want to be a better wife, mother, and friend. I have a huge duty to teach my children about how wonderful their grandmother is. I am so blessed to have the knowledge that families are forever. I can't wait until we meet again.

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment