Sunday, May 20, 2012

Here is a picture we took this morning with our adopted Dominican family that has been doing so much to take care of us.  All of them work at or are related to someone who works at the Fenwal plant outside Santo Domingo.  This foreign country feels a bit less foreign with them around.  They have spent as much or more time at the hospital than we have and taken us on as their own - despite the fact that they have families of their own to take care of!  We are so grateful for all they are doing.  From left to right in the front row:  Carolyn, Rosangel, Gerald, Wilfredo, Michelle, and Bernardo.

1 comment:

  1. Tyler and Labrum family,

    It only took meeting Tyler one time to know that he must have amazing parents. After meeting you all several times we know that to be true! A few summers ago we came to Chicago to visit Carol and Tyler and Ron and Sherrie generously welcomed us into their home for a few days. After leaving Chicago Doug and I felt so grateful to not only visit our best friends, but to be invited into such a special home with an undeniable spirit. The whole time I was there I kept wishing I could spend more time at Sherrie's side so I could learn as much as I could from her, that I might become the kind of mother that she is. Tyler has always been someone we look up to, want to be like, and want our children to become like. I could say the same for all the Labrum children. This, I know, can be credited to their wonderful parents, Ron and Sherrie. What a privilege it is to know the Labrum family! Our prayers and thoughts are with you. We love you Ty and Carol!

    Doug and Heather McClellan

    ReplyDelete